Homeowners who wish to have an elegant and sophisticated ambience in their homes usually opt for made to measure Roman blinds for their curtain needs. Roman blinds’ soft lines and pleats project an alluring appearance to the room without looking too heavy like the traditional curtains.
Aside from the beauty it brings, made to measure Roman blinds and roller blinds have the following benefits:
- These blinds help in reducing electric consumption by blocking the warmth from entering the window, allowing air conditioners to exert less effort in giving off cold temperature. Same goes during the winter season. These blinds block off the cold and doesn’t overwork your heater.
- Made to measure roller blinds are easy to install. It is actually a DIY thing that most homeowners can do. All you have to do is to install the brackets on the windows’ sides and then mount the blinds on to the bracket.
- Easy to clean. Roman and roller blinds need not be removed from its place when you want to clean it up. You only have to use your vacuum to pick the dusts and pollen that might have lodged on the blinds and then wipe it out with clean solution.
- Made to measure Roman blinds are effective in minimizing glare from televisions and computers.
- Made to measure roller blinds is a good option to enhance a simple bedroom. They are popularly used for children’s rooms, kitchen and even in bathrooms as they suitable in blocking light from the windows.
- They can be personalized. As their name suggests, made to measure Roman blinds and roller blinds are cut to size according to the size of your windows. You also get to choose the kind of fabric you want, the design and the color.
- Ordering made to measure Roman blinds as well as other types of curtains such as made to measure roller blinds are now made easier through the use of the internet. When you order your made to measure blinds, it is important that you know how and what to measure so you get the exact size of your blinds. Here are some tips on how to measure your windows properly:
- Make sure that the curtain pole is properly in place before measuring.
- Extend the measurement of your pole to at least 15-30 cm on each side.
- It is advisable that the curtain track or pole must be 15 cm above our window.
- If possible, use a metal tape measure to get accurate measurement.
Measure them in centimeters as all of the companies require measurements in centimeters.